2019 Coaches School – I-V.
I. Organizational & Program Development Overview
II. Understanding the Physical Demands of Volleyball
- A. Energy systems (using correct concepts to train your team)
- B. Physical components (quickness & power) of volleyball
- C. Active warm-up: (functional flexibility through strength)
- D. “Blocked” training to develop “muscle memory”
III. Skills & Skill Components
- A. Understanding components within each skill
- B. 1st Contact (serve-pass-dig)
- C. 2nd Contact-setting (overhand or underhand)
- D. 3rd Contact (attack) primary point-scoring skill
IV. Player Positioning & Demands
- A. L1 vs. L2
- B. M1 vs M2
- C. Right / Opposite
- D. Libero / DS (pass-dig-serve-set)
V. Statistics, Scouting, Practice Planning, and Overtraining Issues
- A. How statistics play a key role in team and player development.
- B. Scouting and its importance to team success
- C. Practice planning: Macro & Micro cycles
- D. Overtraining and recovery issues. Understanding the current “injury epidemic” in high school and junior volleyball.